facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

La Meije - La Grave


La Meije (3984m high) is a mountain in the Massif des Écrins range, located at the border of the Hautes-Alpes and Isère départements. It overlooks the nearby village of La Grave, a mountaineering centre and ski resort, well known for its off-piste and extreme skiing possibilities.
While driving several times from Grenoble to Briançon, I always promised to myself to stop there one day, and do some aerial video of the place. I did it last sunday by a beautiful summer afternoon. It was very windy (probably more a strong thermal breeze created by the valley), so I found a place with a slope facing the wind. I flew the Solius equiped with the keycam 808 # 16 V2 Lens D. Lots of turbulences, I had many difficulties to land safely, but I least I flew there and obtained this video.


La Meije La Grave from Pierre Rondel on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...